Athens Spinal Cord Injury LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Your life can change in an instant with a spinal cord injury. At Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, we are dedicated to helping clients seek justice against those who carelessly and recklessly cause spinal cord injuries. From investigating the cause of your injury to putting you in touch with top doctors in Athens, we will craft a strong case on your behalf. Most importantly, we will support you and your family during this difficult time. Contact us today for a free case review.
Why Clients Choose Our Athens Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Our law firm has achieved many successful settlements and verdicts for clients with catastrophic injuries, including spinal cord injuries.
- We have connections to qualified medical and spine injury experts in Athens. Our law firm has the resources to build a strong injury claim on your behalf.
- Your Athens spinal cord injury lawyer at Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, won’t charge you out of pocket. Our Athens injury lawyers only take our fees out of the award won, and only if we win your case.
Types of Spinal Cord Injuries in Athens, GA
If you notice back pain, immobility, tingling or numbness anywhere in the body, a loss of feeling or function, or a loss of bowel or bladder control after an accident, you may have a spinal cord injury. Try to remain calm and limit your movements. Moving or twisting the wrong way can turn a minor back injury into something more severe. Then, see a doctor immediately to diagnose a spinal cord injury. Common types of spinal cord injuries include:
- Complete spinal cord injury (total loss of movement and sensation)
- Incomplete spinal cord injury
- Spinal concussion or bruising
- Vertebrae fractures
- Herniated or ruptured disks
- Nerve damage
- Severed spine
- Paralysis, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
The type of spinal cord injury is important, as this can determine how the injury will impact the victim. However, all spine injuries are serious and deserve medical attention. Treatments for spinal cord injuries can include stabilization, medications, surgery, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. Unfortunately, many spinal cord injuries cause permanent disabilities that may or may not be improved with medical care.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Athens
Accidents of many different kinds in Athens can cause spinal cord injuries. Most are preventable and arise due to the neglect or lack of proper care of another person. In these situations, the injured victim has the right to seek monetary damages from the at-fault party for a spine injury. At Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, our spinal cord injury lawyers have experience investigating, negotiating, and litigating many different types of cases on our client’s behalf. These include common causes of spine injuries, such as:
- Car collisions
- Bicycle accidents
- Work accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Diving and sports accidents
- Shootings and stabbings (acts of violence)
- Medical malpractice
- Surgical complications
If your spine was injured in a vehicle collision, reach out to our Athens car accident lawyers today t review your case. A spinal cord injury lawsuit can be based on the grounds of negligence, or the failure to exercise a proper amount of care. It can also be based on malpractice or intent to harm. A consultation with an attorney can help you determine if you have grounds for a claim. If so, your lawyer can go up against one or multiple parties for causing or contributing to your injury. Furthermore, if your spinal injury results in brain damage, call our Athens brain injury attorneys.
How Much Is a Spinal Cord Injury Claim Worth?
One of the most common questions that we received at Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, is, “How much is my claim worth?” A spinal cord injury lawsuit in Georgia can lead to the reimbursement of many different economic and financial losses for a victim. It can also pay for the intangible losses that you and your family suffered because of your life-changing injury. Available damages may include:
- Hospital bills
- X-rays and tests
- Medical treatments
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medications or medical devices
- Property damage repairs
- Lost income and capacity to earn
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress or mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death damages
- Punitive damages
The value of your spinal cord injury claim is something that you can discuss with an attorney. No online calculator or “settlement average” will accurately portray how much your case is worth. This is especially true when dealing with a catastrophic injury, as these cases may receive a substantial amount in pain and suffering damages.
What to Expect From Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC
At Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, we’ve been a trusted source of legal advocacy for spinal cord injury survivors and their families for almost 30 years. In that time, we have earned a reputation for excellent customer service and lawyers who don’t back down from a challenge. We are dedicated to our clients and their recoveries: physical, emotional, and financial. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury in an accident in Athens, one of our experienced attorneys can take over your claim and handle many of the required legal tasks on your behalf, such as:
- Answering your legal questions and concerns
- Thoroughly investigating the accident
- Determining who or what caused your spinal cord injury
- Gathering evidence of negligence or fault
- Identifying all potential sources of financial compensation
- Working with qualified spinal cord injury experts and doctors
- Taking over negotiations with insurance companies
- Representing you during a spinal cord injury lawsuit, if necessary
- Giving you a voice in the civil justice system
Our spinal cord injury attorneys will help you avoid common filing errors, such as missing Georgia’s deadline (two years from the date of the injury) or rushing into a fast insurance settlement. We will take the steps that are necessary to protect your rights, document your losses and fight for maximum financial compensation. While we handle the legal process, you can concentrate on your medical treatments, rehabilitation, and recovery. We will help you rebuild your life as much as possible after a traumatic accident in Athens.
Discuss Your Spinal Cord Injury Claim in More Detail – Request a Free Case Review in Athens Today
Entrust Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, with your spinal cord injury case to experience the difference that a skilled attorney can make. We are highly experienced spinal cord injury lawyers who understand how to navigate the nuances of these complex cases. We can help you and your family achieve the justice that you deserve. Please contact us today by calling (678) 504-8564 for a free case consultation in Athens.