Atlanta Personal Injury AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Unexpected injuries can have significant consequences that go beyond inconvenience and medical bills. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of someone else’s negligent or reckless conduct, you might be entitled to compensation for your losses, such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost income.
Attorneys at Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, are experienced personal injury lawyers who help clients recover financial compensation from all responsible parties. Contact our office for a free and confidential case evaluation. We know that you may have questions, and we will help you get the answers that you deserve.
Personal Injury Practice
Our Atlanta personal injury lawyers have been trusted advocates for injured accident victims throughout Georgia since our law firm was founded in 1993. We are dedicated to the pursuit of justice and passionate about helping others. We can help you get through this difficult time in your life.
- Our attorneys do not get paid for legal services until we win your case. Our consultations are always free, and we do not collect attorneys’ fees until we have helped you secure compensation for your injury case.
- Our law firm is a top-rated Atlanta personal injury practice. We pursue maximum compensation for every client, which is why we have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our personal injury clients.
- We have more than 50 years of combined experience representing injured clients in their legal matters. We are a full-service legal practice and take on clients in all types of personal injury cases.
- We treat our clients like family and dedicate the time, effort, and resources that each case needs to be successfully resolved. We understand how injuries affect people’s lives and how to help them move forward.
How We Can Help
We represent clients in all types of personal injury cases. We provide free case evaluations to review your accident and injuries sustained. If we take on your injury claim, we will help you gather relevant evidence that supports your claim and identify all responsible parties. We will communicate with defendants, their legal representatives, and insurance companies while you focus on your physical recovery.
We will prepare all necessary paperwork for your injury claim and participate in settlement negotiations. Our attorneys successfully negotiate settlements for many of our injury clients. If we do not reach a settlement that fairly compensates you for your losses, we will ensure that your case is ready for trial. We will advocate for your rights from start to finish and be there to keep you informed and answer your questions throughout the legal process.
Types Of Atlanta Personal Injury Cases That We Handle
- Car accidents can impact all areas of your life, especially when injuries are serious. We help clients navigate the legal process to secure compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other losses after a car accident.
- Truck accidents are complex injury claims because several defendants are often responsible for the accident and resulting injuries and damages. Our attorneys stand up to negligent drivers, trucking companies, and their insurance representatives.
- Motorcycle accidents frequently result in severe and catastrophic injuries and damages. The risk of injuries and death in an accident is significant for motorcycle drivers and passengers.
- Wrongful death claims are made by surviving family members who have lost a loved one in an accident caused by someone else’s wrongful conduct. Our attorneys understand the emotional and financial challenges that often accompany wrongful death claims, and we can help.
- Workers’ compensation benefits are meant to compensate employees who have been injured on the job. We represent clients in work comp claims because employers and insurance companies often make it difficult for injured employees to collect full and fair compensation for their losses.
- Social security disability benefits provide compensation to those who have a disability that will keep them from working for one year or longer. Our attorneys represent clients in disability claims to ensure that they get the benefits they deserve.
- Medical malpractice claims are brought against medical professionals and institutions that are responsible for negligent medical care resulting in patient injuries. When substandard care causes a patient’s injuries and damages, they deserve to be compensated for their losses.
- Nursing home neglect and abuse often occur because of inadequately staffed facilities, employees who look the other way, and poor management. When nursing home residents are injured because they do not receive appropriate care in their living institutions, the responsible parties should be held accountable.
- Slip and fall claims are common types of personal injury actions. Property owners and managers have a duty to keep their property well maintained and free from dangerous conditions. Slick surfaces, spilled liquids, and other hazards can lead to slip and fall injuries and damages.
- Dangerous drugs can cause severe and sometimes fatal injuries to innocent victims. If you or a loved one suffered losses due to dangerous drugs, you may be entitled to compensation from manufacturers, negligent prescribers, and other responsible parties.
- Dangerous products cause a significant number of consumer injuries and death each year. Manufacturers and sellers are responsible for providing safe products and adequate warnings and instructions to consumers.
- Ethylene oxide contamination as a result of exposure to toxins in the air can cause severe injuries. Lymphoma, breast cancer, leukemia, and other forms of cancer are known to develop after ethylene oxide exposure. We help clients who have been injured by contaminated air get the compensation they deserve.
Personal Injury Compensation
The amount you will recover for your claim depends on the losses that you have sustained. Our attorneys will carefully evaluate your injuries and damages to help you recover maximum compensation for your losses. While we know that no dollar amount can make up for a life-changing injury, we also recognize the importance of less financial stress after an accident. Recoverable compensation typically includes pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost income.
If your injuries are permanent, you may also be entitled to compensation for disability and loss of earning capacity. If you lost a loved one due to fatal injuries, our attorneys can discuss potential wrongful death and estate claims to recover compensation for medical bills, funeral expenses, and the full value of the decedent’s life.
What Are the Elements of a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury case is a civil lawsuit brought by an injured accident victim (the plaintiff) against one or more parties (the defendants) for causing the victim harm. To win a personal injury case in Georgia, the plaintiff or his or her lawyer must establish clear and convincing evidence of negligence. Negligence is the failure to act with an ordinary amount of care, resulting in harm to someone else. Negligence contains four elements:
- Duty of care. A responsibility by law to exercise proper or reasonable care in a situation where a certain level of care is expected.
- Breach of duty. An act or omission that falls outside of the duty of care; something that a reasonable and prudent person would not have done in the same or similar circumstances.
- Causation. The defendant’s breach of the duty of care was the actual or proximate cause of the injury being claimed. In other words, the injury would not have happened but for the carelessness of the defendant.
- Damages. Proof of compensable losses suffered by the plaintiff because of the incident, such as property damage or medical bills.
If a defendant’s actions went beyond negligence and into recklessness, a wanton disregard for the safety of others or intent to harm, he or she can also be held financially responsible (liable) for the plaintiff’s injuries. Note that some personal injury cases are based on a legal doctrine other than negligence, such as strict liability or breach of warranty. These cases may not require proof of a breach of the duty of care. Discuss your specific situation with our attorneys to find out if you have a case.
Why You Need an Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
If you believe that you have grounds to file a personal injury claim in Atlanta, the first step is finding the right lawyer to represent you. The right attorney can make the difference between obtaining a fair settlement and one that is woefully inadequate for your needs. When you hire an attorney, an insurance company is forced to treat you fairly. Your lawyer will make sure that you aren’t taken advantage of by an insurer that wants to pay you less than you deserve. Most importantly, hiring an attorney will give you an advocate throughout the legal process to take over complicated tasks for you, so that you can concentrate on healing.
Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in an accident, Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC can help. Our Atlanta personal injury attorneys have devoted their practice to helping injured clients get the justice and compensation they deserve. We have the resources and skills necessary to hold insurance companies, powerful corporate entities, and individual defendants accountable for their misconduct. Call (678) 504-8564 today for your free case evaluation.