Conyers Construction Site Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Construction sites can be dangerous places. Workers in Conyers are often at risk of serious injuries and occupational illnesses. An unexpected accident can have a major impact on your daily life.
If you are injured in a construction site accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation. The Conyers injury lawyers at Dan Chapman & Associates represent injured Conyers construction workers in their insurance claims and lawsuits. You can trust our attorneys to advocate aggressively for your maximum compensation.
Why Choose Dan Chapman & Associates for Your Construction Injury Claim
- Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience, fighting for the rights of injured people in Conyers and beyond. We will leverage our skills and knowledge to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- Construction site accidents can be complicated, and you may wonder what to do next. Our lawyers will carefully analyze your legal options and identify your optimal path to recovery.
- We take all of our cases on a contingency fee basis. If our lawyers do not secure a settlement in your case, you will not owe any legal fees.
Common Accidents at Conyers, GA Construction Sites
There are a lot of risks that come with working on a construction site. By following safety best practices and regulations, many workers can avoid harm while performing their jobs. However, accidents can still happen, leading to serious injuries and devastating fatalities.
Some of the most common types of construction site accidents include the following:
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Electrocutions and electrical accidents
- Being struck by falling objects
- Being caught in or between objects or equipment
- Crane and structural collapses
- Accidents involving scaffolds
- Falls from heights or ladders
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Incidents involving defective machinery
- Acts of violence, such as assault
Your Legal Options After a Construction Accident in Conyers
A construction accident can result in serious injuries and hardships. After being injured, you can struggle to recover financially, physically, and emotionally. While your situation may seem dire, you do have options to recover compensation following your accident.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, you could pursue one of the following courses of legal action:
- Workers’ Compensation Claims: As an employee of a construction site in Georgia, you are entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim if you are injured at work. Under Georgia law, most employers who have three or more workers must carry this insurance coverage. You can file a workers’ comp claim regardless of fault or negligence and secure benefits for wage replacement, medical care, and long-term disability.
- Personal Injury Lawsuits: Georgia law prohibits you from filing a lawsuit against your employer for a workplace injury, except in very limited circumstances. However, if your injury was caused by a negligent third party such as a subcontractor, you could pursue litigation against that individual or entity.
- Product Liability Lawsuits: In many cases, construction site accidents occur due to defective and dangerous products, like machinery or building materials. If you were injured by a defective product, you could file a lawsuit against the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer of that item.
It can be difficult to know what to do after a Conyers construction site accident. In these situations, trust the attorneys at Dan Chapman & Associates to help. Our lawyers can carefully evaluate your legal options and help you strategize your optimal path to compensation.
What Types of Compensation Are Available in Construction Accident Claims?
Construction accident claims provide a way for victims to secure a settlement for the injuries that they experienced, both physical and emotional. The compensation that you can recover will depend on which type of claim you intend to file.
If you are filing a personal injury or product liability lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the economic damages that you suffered, such as medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and disability accommodations. You can also secure compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering that you endured.
In a workers’ compensation claim, you can recover benefits that pay for necessary medical treatment, as well as travel to and from medical appointments. You can also secure temporary or permanent disability benefits for wage replacement:
- Temporary Partial Disability: You can recover these benefits if you can return to work but are earning less due to your injury. This compensation is equal to two-thirds of the difference between your pre-and post-injury weekly wages.
- Temporary Total Disability: If you are unable to work for at least seven days due to your injury, you can recover these benefits. The amount of temporary total disability is equal to two-thirds of your average weekly wage, up to a certain threshold set by the state.
- Permanent Partial Disability: You can recover these benefits if you developed a partial disability due to the injury. This award is typically the same amount of temporary total disability but is subject to various rules based on a state injury schedule.
- Permanent Total Disability: You can recover these benefits if your injury is permanent and total, such as blindness in both eyes and the loss of two limbs. These benefits are equal to your temporary total disability rate, which you receive for life.
Why You Need a Construction Accident Attorney on Your Side
Navigating a construction site accident claim can be a challenging process. You need to comply with various rules and requirements for different claims, gather evidence and take steps to prove your right to compensation. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side.
A Conyers construction accident lawyer from Dan Chapman & Associates can provide important support throughout your claim. We will negotiate with insurance companies, prepare your paperwork, and craft a compelling case in your favor leveraging our resources, skills, and knowledge.
Whether you are pursuing a workers’ comp claim or a lawsuit in civil court, trust the accident lawyers in Conyers at Dan Chapman & Associates to fight for your right to maximum recovery.
Contact a Conyers Construction Site Accident Lawyer Today
Are you the victim of a construction site accident? You may be eligible for financial compensation, and Dan Chapman & Associates can help you secure the settlement that you deserve. Our Conyers construction site accident lawyers will advocate aggressively for your best interests. Contact us today to schedule your free case consultation and discuss your next steps.