Conyers Motorcycle Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Motorcycle accidents happen every year in Georgia, leading to serious injuries and fatalities. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, trust Dan Chapman & Associates to help you hold the at-fault party accountable and secure the settlement that you deserve.
Our Conyers motorcycle accident lawyers have represented thousands of people in their insurance claims and lawsuits. We will advocate aggressively for your right to maximum compensation.
Why Choose Dan Chapman & Associates for Your Motorcycle Injury Claim
- Our Conyers accident lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience, representing people throughout Georgia in their injury claims. We will leverage our skills, resources, and knowledge to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- We value open and honest communication from consultation to settlement. Our firm will be available to answer any questions that you may have and provide important updates about your claim.
- Our attorneys understand that financial hardship often accompanies a motorcycle accident. That’s why we take all cases on a contingency fee basis—if we do not win, you do not pay for our services.
What Causes Georgia Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents can happen at any time, in virtually any place on the road. Many of these collisions occur due to road hazards, poor weather, and defective motorcycle parts. However, several motorcycle accidents happen because of the negligence of other drivers.
Because they lack the same protections as motor vehicles, motorcyclists are vulnerable to severe injury on the road. Dangerous driver behaviors can lead to serious accidents, such as the following:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Making unsafe left-hand turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving while intoxicated
- Changing lanes unsafely
Legal Options for Injured Motorcyclists in Conyers, GA
It’s no secret that motorcycle accidents can lead to serious, often lifelong injuries. Victims of these collisions can sustain significant losses. However, there are legal pathways available to injured motorcyclists.
Depending on the circumstances, you could file a lawsuit or insurance claim against the party responsible for your accident. There are several parties that you could hold liable in your claim:
- Motor Vehicle Drivers: If your accident was caused by driver negligence, you could file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Georgia is a fault-based insurance state, meaning that drivers are financially liable for any collisions that they cause.
- Manufacturers: Sometimes, motorcycle accidents occur due to defective parts or a defective bike. In these situations, you could file a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer.
- Government Agencies: Motorcyclists are susceptible to road hazards, and it is the responsibility of the local government to ensure the roads are safe. If your accident was caused by a road defect that the government failed to fix, you could pursue a lawsuit against the responsible agency.
What Damages Are Available in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
By filing a motorcycle accident claim, you can recover damages for the physical, emotional, and financial hardships that you endured. Your Conyers injury lawyer from Dan Chapman & Associates can help you identify all of the forms of compensation that you may qualify for, maximizing your potential award.
Examples of damages available in Georgia motorcycle accident claims include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Property damage, including motorcycle repairs
- Disability accommodations
- Chronic pain
- Permanent disability
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mental anguish
What to Do After a Conyers Motorcycle Accident
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to remain calm and seek help as soon as you can. To protect yourself and support your future case, take the following steps after the accident:
- Call 911: First, call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement. The responding officer will create a police report, which will contain important information such as where the accident occurred; who was involved; and how the officer believed the accident happened. This document will serve as valuable evidence for your case, so make sure to call the police.
- Go to the Doctor: Next, you should go to the doctor as soon as you can. You may have serious injuries after the accident and it’s important to get them checked out as quickly as you can to avoid potential complications. Plus, your medical records will serve as very valuable evidence in proving the nature and extent of your injuries. Always seek medical tension after a motorcycle accident, even if you do not feel hurt at the time.
- Document Evidence: If you are able to move around the accident site without putting yourself at risk of further injury or danger, you should take steps to document the accident. Take us many photographs and videos as you can of your injuries, property damage, and the area around the accident. Make sure the capture any debris, skid marks, and traffic signs and signals.
- Speak to Witnesses: Witness statements can go a long way in proving your right to compensation. If anyone saw the accident occur, talk to them and ask for their contact information. These witnesses could testify on your behalf and corroborate your version of events.
- Exchange Information: You should briefly exchange your insurance, license, and contact information with any person who was also involved in the accident. Make sure to keep your interaction short. Do not make any statements about the collision—this could hurt your case.
After you seek medical care for your accident, speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. Do not speak to other involved parties or any insurance representatives before talking with a lawyer. Your attorney will help you understand what to do next and take your first steps toward filing a claim.
Contact a Conyers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in Conyers, GA? The attorneys at Dan Chapman & Associates can help you recover the compensation that you deserve.Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation with one of our Conyers motorcycle accident lawyers. We will evaluate your case and help you strategize your next steps.