Decatur Personal Injury LawyerRequest Free Consultation
The experienced Decatur personal injury lawyers at Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, help those who have suffered serious injuries in preventable accidents. If you believe that someone else is at fault for your injuries, we can help you understand your rights and fight for maximum financial compensation for your related expenses. We’ve been helping clients since our law firm was founded in 1993. Please contact us today to schedule your free personal injury case evaluation in Decatur. Call (678) 504-8564.
Why We’re the Right Choice for You
- Your lawyer will put you and your goals first at all times. We are attorneys who care.
- Our lawyers have over 100 years of combined legal experience in personal injury law.
- We have successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases.
- We offer free, private consultations with no obligation to hire us.
- Our Decatur personal injury lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning no fees unless you win.
The Elements of a Georgia Personal Injury Lawsuit
You may have a personal injury claim in Georgia if a reasonably careful and prudent party most likely would have prevented your accident. In other words, if your injuries would not have occurred but for someone else’s negligence, that person may be financially responsible (liable) for your losses. You can file a personal injury claim as a way to become whole again from a tort, or wrongdoing. It is up to you as the filing party, however, to prove the elements of your case:
- Duty of care. An obligation to act with reasonable care.
- Breach of duty. An action or omission that violates the duty of care (negligence).
- Proximate cause. A provable link between the breach of duty and your injuries.
- Damages. Compensable losses suffered because of the defendant’s negligence.
For example, if someone was texting and driving and crashed into you in Decatur, that person has committed a tort for which he or she can be held responsible. Filing a personal injury claim against one or more parties could result in financial compensation for several losses, such as your medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our Practice Areas in Decatur, Georgia
Personal injury law is a broad practice area that encompasses many smaller areas of law. These include premises liability claims, product liability cases and workers’ compensation claims. At Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, we accept many different types of personal injury cases in Decatur, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Dangerous premises accidents (slip and falls, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, etc.)
- Defective product claims, including dangerous drugs
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Social Security Disability
- Wrongful death
Our attorneys can handle any type of personal injury case, regardless of the size or adversary. We are powerful attorneys with exceptional legal resources at our disposal. We have what it takes to represent you.
What to Look for in Your Decatur Personal Injury Attorney
Working with the right attorney can mean the difference between receiving the insurance settlement that you deserve and nothing at all. When choosing your lawyer, look for years of experience, positive past case results and a commitment to client success. You should feel good about the lawyer that you choose to represent you; you should both share the same goals, values and priorities. Attorney Dan Chapman has been a trusted legal advocate for personal injury claims in Georgia for almost 30 years. Find out why Georgians choose us when results matter the most during a free initial case review.
Contact Us for a Free Personal Injury Case Evaluation in Decatur, GA
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Decatur, Georgia or the surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to contact Dan Chapman & Associates, LLC, for a free initial consultation. We want to hear your story and give you the peace of mind that you deserve during this difficult time. Our lawyers can take over your claim and fight for a positive outcome on your behalf. Speak to our local personal injury lawyers today at (678) 504-8564.