Frequently Asked Questions about Work Injury/ Workers’ Compensation Cases
What is Workers’ Compensation?
Call 678-242-7626 For Your Free Case Evaluation
Have you or a loved one been involved in a workplace accident? It is important that you contact an attorney who specializes in workers’ compensation in order to ensure that your rights are adequately represented. Contact the attorneys at Dan Chapman & Associates. We offer free case evaluations and collect no fees unless you win!
Our top workers’ compensation lawyer, Ryan A. Meighan, has compiled a list of frequently asked questions that are asked when he signs a new case. If you have questions and want a lawyer’s professional answer, click on the links below!
1) What Should I Do If I Am Hurt at Work?
2) What Is Workers’ Compensation?
3) Exclusive Remedy
4) Can I Sue My Employer?
5) Liability and Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
6) Do I Qualify for Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
7) Catastrophic Injuries Under Georgia Law
8) Workers’ Compensation and Workplace Violence
9) Are Workers’ Compensation Benefits Considered “Taxable Income?”
What Benefits Am I Entitled To?
10) Income Benefits Under Georgia Law
11) Average Weekly Wage and How It is Calculated
12) Medical Benefits Under Georgia Law
13) Mileage Reimbursement
14) Child Support Obligations
How Cases Settle
15) Ways Cases Settle
16) What to Expect at Mediation
What to Expect Following Settlement
17) Liability Versus No-Liability Settlements
18) Attorney’s Fees
19) Settlement – Now What?
20) When Will I Receive My Settlement Check?